Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Problems with router on router – PC for All

I have connected a D-Link router (DIR-810L) with a cable to a combined modem / router from Freeserve (Netgear CG3100). The reason is that I need to connect wireless computers, etc. everywhere in an apartment that has a Z-like layout.
As the D-Link manual requires, I turned off UPnP and DHCP on the D-link router and changed the router’s LAN IP address to an available address (attracted to 192.168.0.99).
The manual also states that:
“It is strongly recommended to replace your Existing Router with the DIR-810L instead of usingboth., If your modem is a combo router, you May Want to contact your ISP or manufacturer’s user guide to put the router into bridge mode, Which will ‘turn off’ the router (NAT) functions. “
I do not know why the manual recommends this, but sometimes loads pages extremely slow when my laptop is connected to the D-Link router. But if I turn off the router function of the Netgear modem / router I get by with the access point.
Therefore I would be very grateful for help in figuring out a way to solve the problem, preferably without buying other equipment.

Edited by nisseö, 3 September 2014 at 15:16.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment