Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Wake-on-LAN does not work after Router Replacement – M3

Hello

We have a number of computers in the home, including one who stands in the basement as Type Server, the printers are connected to it, and we save documents / images etc on this computer too.

For some odd reason, I had managed to get the Wake-On-Lan to work so that we can sit “up here” and awaken the computer in the basement. Was really proud when I got this to work.

Last week we got a new router / modem from Telia, a Technicolor TG799TSvn v2.

Does Wake-On-Lan now? Non said George, not a chance. Thought that I have managed to get it working again, I suppose I should succeed once more. Not a chance!!!! But now I have to run down to the basement and bring the computer each time, at great risk to get exercise (bad).

So now I figured you knowledgeable and kind of data geniuses could help me to get started is an additional time.

Ps. We have both wired and wireless connections ..

My knowledge regarding networks is very limited, but is pretty good at boats.

And then came the next question (absolutely no hurry with it) but it could serve me from the computer in the boat can take me into the so called server here at home? Although able to print?


LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment