Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sync the clock with a time server – PC All

Hello,

I have a network with 10 PC (Win 7 64-bit). There is a local network with no connection to the Internet.

These are part of a workgroup. I have now noticed that the clock is running a little different on these PC in Windows.

My idea is that one of these 10 pieces PC should be “Master / Server” for the time in this network and that the other 9 pc PC download / sync their time on this “server”. Then I do not have internet will self-evident the PC acting time server to also be wrong but we must in any case so that all 10 pieces PC has the same time.

I’ve checked around and find any application to install and even found this with the Windows Time service (W32Time). Want course prefer not to install additional software and are looking to use the service W32Time if this goes?

I’ve read a bit about this and NTP Server, Forest ….. but think it’s a bit messy when you find suggests some different solutions and how to set it up, go in and make the registry changes etc.

Does anyone have a suggestion on the solution and the simplest way to set up so I can get my 10 pcs PC with Win 7 to synchronize their watches with one of these PC which then may act time server on the other 9 pc PC in my local network with working?

Ubbe


LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment